ABFER-ABS Industry Outreach Panel: "The Impact of Fin-tech Revolution, Digitalisation and Digital Currencies on the Financial System"
Related SKBI Readings
- Positive Impact of Digitalisation: 3 Data Points
- Negative Impact of Digitalisation: 3 Areas of Caution
- Harnessing Digitalization for Sustinable Economic Development: Insights for Asia
- Prof Dave references the chapter "Is Digital Financial Inclusion Good for Bank Stability and Sustainable Economic Development? Evidence from Emerging Asia (Part 1, Chapter 2)" and notes that the authors do find a postitive correlation between digital financial inclusion and bank stability. Read the full chapter here.
- Financial Technology and Inclusion in ASEAN
- Prof Dave highlights that technology and digitalisation have great potential for enabling greater inclusiveness and economic growth in the CLMV region. The growth in technology and digitalisation however does not replace the need for further development in human capital, infrastructure and this regions' regulatory environment. This paper is one chapter in the Master Plan on ASEAN Connectivity 2025. Read more here.
Prof Dave points to this case study on how Nium went from a P2P remittance platform to a B2B service, now expanding from Asia to the Americas. To purchase this case, click here.