Implications for the Board (Training)
Training series (Paid)
- Stewardship, Strategic Planning and Compensation for Sustainability – Implications for the Board
Tue, 25 Oct 2022, 3 - 6pm
- Chapter Zero: Directors’ Climate Journey by Chapter Zero.
The journey maps out a path for non-executive directors to increase their understanding of climate change and the boardroom. It aims to support NEDs to have high quality and effective boardroom discussions and debate the impacts of climate change on their businesses.
- Primer on Climate Change: Director's Duties and Disclosure Obligations by Climate Governance Malaysia.
This webinar shares insights on the climate-related legal risks and duties that board directors must understand and act upon in order to steer their companies to resilience and commercial success in a zero-carbon world.
Third-party scheduled training (Pay-per-use)
- Module 1: Rethinking Corporate Governance for the New World -Advanced Certificate in Corporate Governance for NextGen Business Leaders by Deloitte & SMU Academy
This module provides a balanced take on corporate governance, addressing the regulatory, theoretical and practical aspects. Participants will understand the key principles of good governance and know how to apply them in the increasingly digitalised business setting through building sound governance mechanisms and culture. Participants will also be aware of the governance trends and drivers for embracing good corporate governance, e.g., providing assurance to stakeholders, financial institutions and regulators.
- Module 2: Managing Strategic Risks in a Digital World - Advanced Certificate in Corporate Governance for NextGen Business Leaders by Deloitte & SMU Academy
This module provides clarity on the different layers of risks in a digital world and teaches participants how to identify, assess and respond to strategic risks. After attending this module, participants will be able to clearly articulate risks that have a strategic impact on their organisation, now and in the future, e.g., reputational risks, sustainability risks, etc.
- Module 3: Challenges for a New Era of Enterprise Risk Management - Advanced Certificate in Corporate Governance for NextGen Business Leaders by Deloitte & SMU Academy
This module will introduce participants to key risk management standards, COSO-ERM and ISO 31000 and equip them with knowledge on the elements that make up an effective enterprise risk management programme in a digitalised world and putting the frameworks and methodologies into action with hands-on application.
- Module 4: Embracing Sustainability – Managing for the Next Generation - Advanced Certificate in Corporate Governance for NextGen Business Leaders by Deloitte & SMU Academy
This module explores the importance of governance in shaping policies, procedures, practices and culture in an organisation to ensure longevity and integrated value creation. Participants will be exposed to the standards that frame sustainability concepts and specifically deep dive into the requirements for governance. They will also learn how to evaluate governance maturity in their organisations and develop a governance strategic roadmap to ensure sustained growth.
- Module 5: Building the Foundation for an Ethical Organisation - Advanced Certificate in Corporate Governance for NextGen Business Leaders by Deloitte & SMU Academy
This module will equip participants with a clear understanding of what ethical compliance encompasses, its unique challenges, and the mechanisms that can be adopted to manage it. Participants will also be exposed to specific business ethical compliance topics such as fraud, bribery and corruption, conflict of interest, etc. and learn how to prevent, detect, correct, and investigate such incidents.